Everyone’s heard of staging a home. And, if you haven’t, here are the quick details. Basically, when potential buyers come in to see your home, they want to envision themselves living in the home. The staging helps that happen.
By staging your home, you allow all of your personal belongings to be hidden and you allow professionals to come in and place their furniture in the best locations. Here are a couple tips the next time you’re looking to sell from a staging expert.
1. Clean up the clutter. Don’t leave things lingering and make sure everything is put away. Buyers want to see themselves within the house, they don’t want to see your things in the house.
2. Make it less personalized. Don’t leave family photos or pictures of your kids out. Home buyers need to be able to envision themselves in the house. With your family in there, they will have a harder time of this.
3. Bring in the light. Everyone tends to like things if they’re happy, this is the same with houses. Make sure lamps and lights are turned on and make sure the blinds and window treatments are open.
4. Put in some fresh details. Adding fresh flowers and fluffy towels can really help your home stand out. It will also make it more inviting.
5. Clean Up. A clean house is a good house. People don’t want to walk into your mess, and you wouldn’t want to walk into someone else’s mess. Make sure the food splatters are cleaned up and the floors are mopped.
6. Bake a fresh batch of cookies. This is one of the oldest tricks to selling a home. However, this is a great one at the same time. Cookies can remind people of home cooking and the smell is inviting as well.
7. Clean the fridge. The exterior of the fridge can be one area that people forget about. Make sure you take the kid’s pictures down and only leave a couple of tasteful magnets on it.
Those are just a couple of things that you can do in order to make your house a little more appealing. For more information and to get in contact with a realtor to sell your house, contact us here.